Skip County Header
Alameda County, CA,
You are here: public » services » housing_and_homeless » housing_and_homeless
Services image

Housing and Homeless

The Alameda County Social Services Agency provides cash aid or housing voucher assistance to families and single adults who are homeless or at-risk of becoming homeless in the county. The Agency also contracts with local county homeless shelter providers to provide emergency shelter for homeless singles and families throughout the county. The Agency provides assistance for eligible families through the CalWORKs Program. This program can provide families with emergency and permanent housing assistance, including motel vouchers and move-in assistance.

Single adults eligible for General Assistance can be provided with either:

  • Cash aid, if they are already in housing
  • Emergency shelter and a small cash allowance for personal necessities.
  • See Emergency Housing for more details

Social Services Agency Logo Alameda County Seal