Skip County Header
Alameda County, CA,
You are here: public » services » elders_and_disabled_adults » aaa_senior_ia
Services image


  • Adult Protective Services
    24 Hour Elder Abuse Hotline
  • Ombudsman—Advocates for residents in long-term care facilities:
    Working Hours Line
    After Hours Crisis Line
Contact Information
  • Adult and Aging Contact Page
  • IHSS Payroll Information: 577-1877
  • To apply for IHSS: 577-1800
  • AAA Information & Assistance
  • Public Administrator
    (510) 577-1972
  • Public Guardian-Conservator (Probate)
    (510) 577-3585
  • Public Guardian- Conservator (LPS)
    (510) 577-1900
  • Area Agency on Aging (AAA)


Adult & Aging Services
6955 Foothill Boulevard Suite 143
Oakland CA 94605


Senior Resources


Senior Resource Guides

Directory of services and programs for Older Adutls in Alameda County, organized alphabetically by service category.

North County (serves Alameda, Albany, Berkeley, Emeryville, Oakland, Piedmont)

Central County (serves Castro Valley, Hayward, San Leandro, San Lorenzo)

South County (serves Fremont, Newark, Union City)

East County (serves Dublin, Pleasanton, Livermore, Sunol)

Senior Housing Guide

List of independent-living apartment complexes for persons 62 and older (some complexes accept persons 55 & older, or 18 & older if mobility impared) in Alameda County.

Fall Prevention Resource Guide For Older Adults

Information about programs intended to reduce/prevent falls and injury due to a fall.

Home Health, Home Care and Hospice Agencies

Information and listings of local private agencies that service the Alameda County area.

Food and Nutrition Resources

Information about obtaining and preparing nutritious foods, including home delivered meals, grocery distribution programs and congregate dining sites.

Emergency Response Programs

Description of Emergency Response Systems "Medical Alert Systems" and listing of local companies.

Placement Agencies

Lising of agencies that assist seniors and caregivers determine best placement in Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFE), also referred to as "Assisted Living" or " Board & Care" Facilities.

Retirement Residences and Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs)

Retirement residences provide independent-living with amenities such as meals, transportation, and acitivities. CCRCs offer a long-term care contract that provides "assisted living" and nursing care usually in one location and the for the resident's lifetime.

Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly

Lisitng of "Assisted Living" and " Board and Care" facilities located within Alameda County.

Skilled Nursing Facilities

Listing of Skilled Nursing Facilities and Acute Care Facilities located within Alameda County.

  • English (updated guide coming soon)

Return to Top of Page

Social Services Agency Logo Alameda County Seal