What We Do
Information Services is responsible for developing, managing and maintaining the Agency's computer systems. This includes managing internet and intranet development, coordinating upgrades to the Agency's existing systems, and providing leadership in developing new systems to support the Agency's mission and goals, and supporting the Agency's extensive network of PCs.
Services and Systems
The Information Services Division (ISD) provides the Agency with support in all systems including, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Benefits CalWIN (MyBCW) —Web-based client self-service tool that allows the public to view their current benefits, complete periodic reporting, and apply for benefits securely at any time from any location.
- California Welfare Information Network (CalWIN) —Automated eligibility system used by Alameda County Social Services for Cal Works, Medi-Cal, Food Stamps, General Assistance and Foster Care eligibility programs.
- Case Management Information and Payrolling System (CMIPS) —Case Management Information and Payrolling System for In Home Supportive Services (IHSS) clients and Chore Providers.
- Social Services Integrated Reporting System (SSIRS) —SSIRS provides Business Intelligence Reporting of SSA clients for internal and external use.
- Child Welfare Services Case Management System (CWS/CMS ) —Statewide Child Welfare System that is used to manage children's services cases.
- Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) —State debit card system that is used to issue Food Stamps and cash aid for Cal Works and GA programs that interfaces with CalWIN.
- Network/Systems Infrastructure & Development
- Reports and Statistics —Monthly Reports, data requests, database queries.
- Tech Support —Support for technical issues, including PC, printing problems, security issues, Voice Response Unit (VRU), and WebFiles.
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR) —Telephone systems that interface with CalWIN, CWS and CMIPS to provide automated information to clients and also used to report placement of Foster Care children.
- Web Services —Development and support of internet and intranet websites and web-based applications.
- WebFiles —Online imaging of cases.