Skip County Header
Alameda County, CA,
You are here: public » services » medical_and_health » alcohol_and_drug_addiction
Services image

Alcohol & Drug Addiction

The Social Services Agency contracts with Alameda County Behavioral Health Care Services (BHCS) to provide mental health services to eligible individuals in The Social Services Agency's programs. Individuals can call BHCS' toll-free ACCESS line to receive information and referrals for mental health services. ACCESS has staff who speak languages other than English.

The number for ACCESS is 1.800.491.9099.

The following are alcohol & other drug services that are available to CalWORKs clients:

  • Individual treatment
  • Group treatment
  • Residential treatment
  • Perinatal residential treatment (for women with children)
  • Outpatient services
  • Intensive day treatment (perinatal and/or detox services)
  • Stress reduction and parenting classes
  • Education and information on alternative life styles (clean and sober living)
  • Relapse prevention services
  • Vocational services
  • Social/recreational activities
  • Case management

Social Services Agency Logo Alameda County Seal