- Adult Protective Services
24 Hour Elder Abuse Hotline
- Ombudsman—Advocates for residents in long-term care facilities:
Working Hours Line
After Hours Crisis Line
- AAMS Contact Page
- IHSS Payroll Information: 577-1877
- To apply for IHSS: 577-1900
- AAA Information & Assistance
- Public Administrator
- Public Guardian-Conservator (Probate)
- Public Guardian- Conservator (LPS)
- Area Agency on Aging (AAA)
Adult, Aging & Medi-Cal Services
Eastmont Self Sufficiency Center
6955 Foothill Boulevard Suite 300
Oakland CA 94605
Public Authority for IHSS
The Public Authority for In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) in Alameda County is a public agency whose mission is to improve the planning and delivery of IHSS in Alameda County. IHSS is a publicly-funded program which helps low-income people with disabilities, including the elderly, to remain in their own homes by paying for domestic and personal services.
The Public Authority for IHSS provides the following services in Alameda County:
- A registry that provides lists of screened workers to IHSS recipients/consumers and seniors seeking to hire home care workers/personal assistants;
- Enrollment of eligible IHSS homecare workers in medical, dental and vision plans
- Training for providers and consumers
- Consumer advocacy opportunities through our Advisory Board
Find a Homecare Worker
Contact the Registry for assistance in finding and hiring IHSS homecare workers. All Registry homecare workers are pre-screened and will be required to pass a criminal background check. Call the consumer Registry assistance line at 510-577-1980.
Apply to Find Work as a Homecare Worker
Attend Registry Essentials class and apply to be listed on the Registry. Once on the Registry, workers can be referred to consumers whose needs and preferences match your skills and availability. Call the Registry worker information line at 510-577-5694.
Homecare Worker Health Insurance
The Public Authority enrolls eligible homecare workers in a low-cost plan that includes medical, dental and vision coverage – all for one price. Call our Health Benefits Hotline anytime at 510-777-4201 for information and to request an application.
Training and Education
The Public Authority offers workshops and factsheets free to IHSS consumers and homecare workers. For information call 510-577-3554 or check out our website at www.ac-pa4ihss.org.
The Public Authority
6955 Foothill Blvd., 3rd Floor
Oakland, CA 94605<