- Media Relations
- Season of Sharing
- Client Concerns
Submit a concern
- Additional Contact Information
Alameda County Social Services
North Oakland Office
2000 San Pablo Ave
Oakland CA 94612
Why Become an SSA Community Ambassador?
Volunteering as a community ambassador with the Social Services Agency can provide you with an opportunity to:
- Experience firsthand what it's like to work in a fast-paced public assistance agency;
- Receive valuable training on workplace conduct, customer service, and more;
- Practice your skills and learn some new ones;
- Meet and work alongside others who share your passion for improving the community;
- Open your eyes and your heart to new personal and professional experiences;
- Learn more about our Agency and its myriad services;
- Uplift the spirits of those who are in greatest need.
Because community ambassadors are an essential part of our team, we will strive to ensure that you:
- Are engaged in assignments that are worthwhile and challenging;
- Receive the training and supervision to do the job -- and do it well;
- Receive useful feedback and evaluation on the work performed; and
- Feel that your efforts have real purpose and contribute to the Agency's mission.
If you feel the SSA Community Ambassadors Program may be a good fit with your personal interests and goals, please contact Program Coordinator Andrea Wong at (510) 271-9163 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, phone number, and best time to reach you between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm. You will be contacted within 2 business days to discuss your interests and possible opportunities.