Community Engagement Videos
Office of Policy
Who We Are
The Office of Policy provides fund development, legislative and budget analysis, and decision-making support resources for the Social Services Agency.
Innovation + Data + Advocacy = Strong Communities
To inform, inspire, and collaborate to support policies, programs, and decisions that strengthen communities.
- Ensure the Agency is kept informed of legislative and policy developments and funding trends for the purposes of advocacy, planning, and decision-making.
- Identify effective practices, processes, and new resources for program and policy innovations in response to community need.
- Provide data-driven, evidence based strategies to improve program outcomes and achieve community goals.
- Explore and analyze social, economic, demographic, and other community-level data.
- Assists policymakers in understanding the implications of pending and adopted legislation and develops policy and program recommendations to best meet the needs of our local community, while leading strategic change management initiatives to elevate organizational capability.
- Offers in-depth data and trend analysis, evaluation support along with training and technical assistance to the Agency and community partners.
- Works in collaboration with other departments and community based organizations (CBOs) to develop and assist in the implementation of performance based contracting using Results Based Accountability (RBA).
- Provides oversight of all fund development activities for the Agency and the implementation of the Agency's strategic plan as it relates to fundraising and program development.
- Advocates on behalf of the Agency and supports the Agency's overall direction to promote the economic and social well-being of individuals, families, neighborhoods, and strengthen communities.
|California Legislation||Federal Legislation||Fund Development|
|Human Impacts||Immigration Resources|