Promoting the economic and social well-being of individuals, families, neighborhoods and communities. The Alameda County Social Services Agency is comprised of 2,200 men and women working collectively and in partnership with community-based organizations to serve the needs of the community. The Agency assists approximately 11.3 percent of Alameda County's residents. Read More
- Most Popular
- Doing Business With Us
Benefits CalWIN is an online system that will provide customers the option of applying for CalWORKs, CalFresh and Medi-Cal. Click here to apply
Eligibility Programs Websites
Cash, Medi-Cal and CalFresh
Foster Care Providers
Important: For In-Home Support Services (IHSS), please call 510-577-1800. For the General Assistance (GA) program, you must apply in person at one of our office locations.
More GA program information
Social Services Customer Satisfaction Survey
The Alameda County Social Services Agency is committed to providing and maintaining the highest levels of service for its customers, and we value your feedback. This information will be used to help determine your customer service experience and to help identify areas that may need improvement. Please take a moment to complete this Customer Service Survey. The survey holds the highest level of confidentiality; therefore, the identity of the respondents is anonymous. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your participation. Take the survey!
Holiday Gift Program
Help make the holidays magical for a deserving child. Last year County employees and Alameda County residents made sure that children whose parents could not afford a holiday gift did not miss out on the magic. You can make magic happen this holiday season by participating in the Social Services Agency-- Adopt-A-Family, 2013. Sign up now.
Health Reform Implementation Forums for CBOs
Alameda County HCSA and SSA will host a series of health reform implementation forums for community-based organizations. Find out more.
Season of Sharing (SOS) is a private fund providing crisis-based assistance for housing and critical family needs to Alameda County residents. Those eligible for consideration are: families with children under 18 living in the home, elderly individuals over the age of 60 and individuals with medically verified disabilities who are currently and have been residing in Alameda County for at least six continuous months. More details here.
Volunteer with SSA
The Community Ambassadors Program invites volunteers to experience firsthand what it's like to work in a fast-paced public assistance agency and uplift the spirits of those who are in greatest need. The next orientation will be Saturday, Nov. 16. Read more.
Top 10 SSA pages
Top 10 Searches
Top 10 Documents
Standard file format is Portable Document Format (PDF). Free Adobe Reader required.
- Alameda County In-Home Supportive Services (PDF)
- Medi-Cal and You (PDF)
- Applying for Benefits (PDF)
- Senior Housing Guide (PDF)
- IHSS Application Instructions (DOC)
- Form # 1 IHSS Application (DOC)
- Form # 2 Application for Medi-Cal (PDF)
- Personal Care Services Program Provider/Enrollment Agreement (SOC 426) (PDF)
- In-Home Supportive Services Chore Provider Agreement (CP-7) (PDF)
- SSA Community Ambassador Application (PDF)
Doing Business With Us
The SSA contracts with a number of community-based organizations
and other government agencies.
This is a list of the current funding opportunities. Click an item below for more details.
- Request for Proposal: Alameda County Workforce Investment Board (ACWIB) Contracting/Vendor Pay Agent & Employer of Record Services
- Request for Proposal: Subsidized Wage Employment Program
- Request for Proposal: Career and Employment Centers
- Request for Proposal: Alameda County Workforce Investment Board (ACWIB) Career Readiness Program
- Request for Proposal: Alameda County Workforce Investment Board (ACWIB) Comprehensive One-Stop Career Center Services
- Request for Proposal: Alameda County Workforce Investment Board (ACWIB) Specialized One-Stop Career Center Services
- Request for Proposal: Alameda County Workforce Investment Board (ACWIB) Employer Services Hub Project
EMERGENCY: 24 hour hotlines
- Child Abuse — 510-259-1800
- Elder Abuse — 510-577-3500 or 1-866-CALL APS (1-866-225-5277)
- Health, Housing & Human Services Information — 211
- Safely Surrendered Baby — 1-877-BABYSAF (1-877-222-9723)
- Ombudsman—Advocates for residents in long-term care facilities:
Working Hours Line 510-638-6878
After Hours Crisis Line 1-800-231-4024
Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
- CalWORKS, CalFresh, General Assistance, Medi-Cal — 510-263-2420 or 1-888-999-4772
- Adult Services/IHSS — 510-577-1800
- Adult Medi-Cal — 510-577-5655
- IHSS Providers — 510-577-1877
IHSS Clients/Providers Website
- Foster Care Providers — 510-780-8888
Foster Care Providers Website
- Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) Helpline — 1-877-328-9677