- Responding to Suspected Child Abuse or Neglect
- Keeping Families Together
- Supporting Foster Youth & Caregivers
- Providing & Supporting Permanence for Youth
- Preparing Transition Age Foster Youth for Independence
- Frequently Asked Questions About Children and Family Services
- Child Abuse Hotline
Alameda County Social Services
Children and Family Services
24100 Amador St
Hayward CA 94544
Volunteer now and help make a difference in a child's life. Click here to find out how you can become a foster parent and other ways you can support foster youth and families!
Who We Are
The Department of Children & Family is focused on improving the lives of children and families in Alameda County by serving children and youth who have experienced, or are at risk of experiencing, abuse or neglect.
Our success depends on strong partnerships with families, and our own services are enhanced by our work with a variety of organizations, both public and private.
Michelle Love is the Assistant Agency Director for the Department of Children and Family Services.
Our vision is that all children in Alameda County will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a safe, healthy, nurturing and stable home. To reach this goal, we strive to ensure that all children and youth receive all of the support and security that their family can provide.
For all youth in Alameda County, we are committed to improving their outcomes in the following areas:
- Safety —By preventing and responding to the maltreatment of children and youth.
- Permanency —By helping children remain with their family and out of foster care whenever possible, by preserving family relationships and connections for foster youth, and by establishing guardianships and adoptions when it is unsafe for youth to return home.
- Well-Being —By partnering with families as they improve their capacity for meeting their children's physical, mental health, and educational needs.
Click on a service name to visit the service page. Expand the lists to view the services offered.
Our Department's Structure
The Department of Children & Family Services is composed of three divisions: Prevention & Intake Services, Gateways to Permanence, and Eligibility, Transition & Placement Services. Each works to support the vision of our department through various activities that promote safe and stable families.
DCFS Press is Children & Family Servicess' electronic newsletter.