Human Resources Director
Director, Training and Consulting Team
Human Resources provides personnel services for SSA, including payroll, recruiting, testing, and hiring of SSA staff; provides consultation and leadership on employee and labor relations issues; administers civil rights programs; and, in collaboration with County Human Resource Services, maintains the Agency's Disability Programs (e.g. Workers' Compensation, Reasonable Accommodations, Long-Term Leaves and Family Medical Leaves), Agency health and safety, disaster preparedness, and job-related management benefits programs.
Foster and maintain a positive, proactive work environment that promotes open communication with both internal and external departments by providing excellent customer service through planning, communication, training, and support.
- Recruit and retain quality staff for the Agency.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable employment laws.
- Deliver services in the most efficient and effective manner possible by providing specialized assistance (e.g., employee relations, disability case management, recruitment and examination, labor relations).
- Update Agency Policies and Procedures as they relate to new regulations, laws, and requirement changes.
- Through human resource forums, and collaborations with County Counsel and central Human Resource Services, develop and communicate strategies and techniques for managers to handle common issues such as employee and labor relations, Family Medical Leave Act, California Family Rights Act, Workers' Compensation, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Employment and Housing Act, health and safety, and civil rights compliance.
- Employment Opportunities & Job Specifications
- For employment verifications for SSA employees, please fax your request and signed authorization to (510) 645-9318. For employment verifications for employees listed as IHSS providers or care givers, please follow the instructions here.